Who We Are
Our members are women who enjoy the comradery and sisterhood that membership in Bath Volunteers for Service (BVS) delivers while they provide dedicated volunteerism in support of the organization's mission.
Our strength lies in the diversity of talents and skills our members possess; our success lies in the fellowship and encouragement we provide to one another as we work together for the benefit of the larger community. We appreciate, and celebrate, one another.
While most of our active members reside within the Revere Local School District, we also have members living in nearby communities such as Copley, Fairlawn, Akron, Cuyahoga Falls and beyond.
What We Do
We raise money – to give it away, through grants, to certified nonprofits serving the greater Akron area and through merit awards and scholarships to students living in the Revere Local School District.
Our annual activities include:
- Monthly general meetings with informative speakers, including three special luncheon meetings
- Tour of Distinctive Homes, our main fund raiser
- The Bath Horse Show, in cooperation with the Bath Pony Club
- Fall into Nature and Chiilin’ on the Hill, fun outdoor events sponsored by the Bath Parks Board at Bath Nature Preserve
- Trivia and Tacos, our fall fundraiser where teams test their combined trivia knowledge against others
- Red Cross Blood Drive twice a year at the Bath United Church of Christ
- Salvation Army Bell ringers during the holiday season at Acme Montrose
But wait – we are not all about work! We also have optional social activities for our members, such as monthly movie days, hikes, a not-to-be-missed holiday party and other special social events to further promote fun and comradery.
Why We Do What We Do
Volunteering is important both to the volunteer and to the recipient whether it is a worthwhile cause or someone in need. Non-profits rely on the generosity of volunteers for their time, talents and financial support. BVS provides all three components.
Giving back is not only beneficial to our greater community – it is equally important to us, as individuals. Volunteerism fosters friendships, connections, awareness of the greater community and world around us. Volunteerism offers the opportunity to broaden experiences, take on new challenges and learn new skills. Volunteerism helps combat depression, provides a sense of purpose and a sense of gratitude.
We welcome your interest in becoming an integral part of BVS!